NuffNang

Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Truck, the Commodore and the Fallout #18 & #19

Post 16-17
On the 15th May 1998 I was involved in car V truck accident, that saw a commodore shortened by 3 foot either end. The following entries are from a diary I kept at the time.

It’s now 13 years later and the pain is still here – the TAC of course have wiped their hands of me. I learnt a long time ago that the only person you can rely on is you and it’s something that has stood me in good stead for longer than I can remember.

31st October 1998

………. Son kicked me in the shin today……….. I can’t believe that something so simple could cause so much pain. It’s been horrible……….. The pain is lingering and did not go away, even with pain killers.

Not Wednesday just gone, but the previous Wednesday, did I mention that we couldn’t afford new tyres? We don’t lead a luxurious lifestyle in fact almost pauper like. We do not go out for dinner, we do not buy clothes and only buy shoes when necessary. Yet we can barely afford to eat let alone afford things like new tyres, car services or extra medical costs. The government doesn’t care about people like us, people who work hard for their money and retirement. They only care you are paying enough taxes.


10th December 1998

It’s that time again, time for me to tell you how crap I feel and the fact that other people know how bad I’m feeling just by looking at me.

Would you believe today was pretty bad? As you can read it start last night and definitely did not improve. On of the first people I saw today. The lady at the milkbar, took one look at me and told me to go home as I would be no good at work. I should have listened. By 9am I was feeling so crook that I rang my husbands partner at home and asked him to bring the strongest painkillers he could find. Do you think he remembered?

Anyway by lunchtime I had two choices, either go home (having no car made that pretty difficult) or go to the chemist and get something for the pain. I opted for the 2nd option. …………. So far I’ve taken 6 and do not want to take anymore. Although they stop the pain, I am afraid of damaging my kidneys or liver. I’ve been popping pills for so long now that it is ridiculous. I do not now how long this can go on for.
Post 20

Post 1 - The Beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment