NuffNang

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Truck, the Commodore and the Fallout #16 & #17

Post 14-15
On the 15th May 1998 I was involved in car V truck accident, that saw a commodore shortened by 3 foot either end. The following entries are from a diary I kept at the time.

It’s now 13 years later and the pain is still here – the TAC of course have wiped their hands of me. I learnt a long time ago that the only person you can rely on is you and it’s something that has stood me in good stead for longer than I can remember.

19th October 1998

………. Today was a bitch. It started with the boss and him crowing like a rooster at the fact he completed a task that should have been done 6 months ago and then expects me to finish it along with getting product out as quickly as possible. While trying to do both, the bloody photocopier decided it was fireworks time and blew up (literally) The bloody thing went pop like a gun in the distance and then proceeded to smoke and smell the place up. Right in the middle of a job. The funny thing was that the noise made me jump and my leg and arm ached horribly for about two hours afterwards. The other thing was that I was shaking like a leaf until after lunch. I think the noise reminded me of the accident. I’m not sure. All I know is that I was scared and the sensation in my arm and leg scared me also.


22nd October 1998

Today my back has been really sore. Sitting all day seems to aggravate it as well as driving an automatic (borrowed from a friend) I haven’t paid for the tyres of service because I don’t have the money. We are waiting for the money to come through from the insurance so we can pay off some bills………….

Post 18-19

Post 1 - The Beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment