NuffNang

Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Truck, the Commodore and the Fallout #22

Post 21

On the 15th May 1998 I was involved in car V truck accident, that saw a commodore shortened by 3 foot either end. The following entries are from a diary I kept at the time.

It’s now 13 years later and the pain is still here – the TAC of course have wiped their hands of me. I learnt a long time ago that the only person you can rely on is you and it’s something that has stood me in good stead for longer than I can remember.

Sometime in November 1998
(got lost in and posted out of order) not even sure of date, other than November.

…….. My leg has been pretty good for nearly a month. It gives me twinges occasionally, but not like it has in the past.

My whole right side has been the worst. At times my breathing has been affected. My bra has been giving me the shits and my back when I stand is stiff and makes me look like and old woman.

One good thing is that the boss has stayed off my back. It has been like a dream. The only problem is that the TAC were supposed to be sending paperwork regarding time off and it was supposed to be sent to work. The paperwork has turned up. There are two reasons for this and that could that it has been sent and the boss is hiding it OR that the TAC have not sent it. Take your pick.

We had to buy water last week. At least we had the money for it.

A couple of days ago, my blood pressure was up the creek. I went to get into the shower and I was in the middle of shampooing my hair (Hubby wasn’t home) Anyway, because my blood pressure was low, I didn’t know if I was going to throw up or pass out. I ended up sitting on the floor of the shower to get the shampoo out of my hair. I managed that. I managed to stand up and turn the water off. I got out of the shower and managed somehow to get back to the bedroom and crawl into bed. I shut my eyes and prayed it would go away. It took nearly an hour. In that time the kids were having a party, eating sweet biscuits and watching TV. I managed to get the kids to school and crèche (late) but since then things have been going down hill. The pain levels have increased and today has been the worst.

What am I meant to do? Hubby’s in the middle of his busy period and with me being like this is a noose around his neck. If I call him and ask for help, he is often out installing and can’t help.

No comments:

Post a Comment