NuffNang

Monday, May 23, 2011

The Truck, the Commodore and the Fallout #22

Post 21

On the 15th May 1998 I was involved in car V truck accident, that saw a commodore shortened by 3 foot either end. The following entries are from a diary I kept at the time.

It’s now 13 years later and the pain is still here – the TAC of course have wiped their hands of me. I learnt a long time ago that the only person you can rely on is you and it’s something that has stood me in good stead for longer than I can remember.

16th January 1999

We’ve been at Phillip Island since Friday night. It’s been pleasant but not enjoyable. We went out for dinner tonight because hubby said he felt like spoiling us. We found a nice restaurant, sat down and ordered our meals. We got our meals and started to eat. I picked up my glass for a drink. The glass slipped from my hand onto the plate with an almighty crash.

My hand had decided to cancel the drink and dropped the glass.

That would not generally bother me, but some mongrel decided to comment that the place was turning into a ‘Coles' cafeteria. You don’t think that made me feel small?

I felt like standing up and yelling at the top of my voice the exact circumstances and why it had happened. Instead I calmly got up, cleaned up the mess and went outside. I felt humiliated. Some people have no compassion including the waitress who that I had thrown the glass.

She came over to the table and asked if everything was okay and feeling embarrassed I said, “Yes, It’s just me”

On the way outside, I found the waitress and gave her a summary of events and apologised. While I was outside, the waitress approached hubby and apologised. It still makes me feel like a heel.

………. every breathe hurts. I don’t know why.

……….. Like always I just want my life back, pain free.

Good night

Post 23

Post 1 - The Beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment