NuffNang

Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Truck, the Commodore and the Fallout #21

Post 20
On the 15th May 1998 I was involved in car V truck accident, that saw a commodore shortened by 3 foot either end. The following entries are from a diary I kept at the time.

It’s now 13 years later and the pain is still here – the TAC of course have wiped their hands of me. I learnt a long time ago that the only person you can rely on is you and it’s something that has stood me in good stead for longer than I can remember.

31st December 1998

Want to fell a fireball? Try my back. It is very painful. I’ve been to the doctors today and he confirms what I thought. Which is all muscle related. (Try and tell me that again)

My right wrist is agonisingly sore, along with my entire right arm and my left arm is also very sore. Last night after I eventually sat down, after about 1 hour. I could not use either arm without considerable effort and pain.

This morning my back was painful and did not seem to ease until I had my shower. It’s going to be fun in high summer, when water is a problem. I won’t be able to shower every day, so how can I start the day?

Emotionally I feel totally drained and still can not believe that a similar thing has happened AGAIN and that I am affected in almost the same way.

……….. My life is the pits and I’m getting sick of trying to cope with everything that is going wrong. ………. I know I said earlier that emotionally that I am a wreck, every time I have to speak to people about something that requires a decisions that I shake and that I have trouble dealing with day to day issues. I mean I rang the TAC and the health Commission and that while I was on the phone to them that I shook the entire time. When I was trying to organise the hire car and simple questions of how long do you want the car sent me into a tailspin. Sitting back now, I should have known that a period of 2 weeks should have been the minimum and yet I could not even make that decision and had to ring them back after I spoke to hubby. I feel pathetic. I mean how will I cope when I go back to work? If a simple question like that is going to throw me?

Post 22

Post 1 - The Beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment