NuffNang

Monday, May 9, 2011

The Truck, the Commodore and the Fallout #7

Post 6
On the 15th May 1998 I was involved in car V truck accident, that saw a commodore shortened by 3 foot either end. The following entries are from a diary I kept at the time.

It’s now 13 years later and the pain is still here – the TAC of course have wiped their hands of me. I learnt a long time ago that the only person you can rely on is you and it’s something that has stood me in good stead for longer than I can remember.

13th July 1998

I should have been writing more often.

The last week has been absolutely horrible

…………. I dropped my daughter off with family, so they could look after during the school holidays.

……….. Wednesday night was not much better. By 9pm I was on the couch and could not move. The pain was bad, even though I had seen the chiro that night. I could not make up my mind whether to go to bed or sit up. I felt disgusting.

……….Saturday was pretty rough. I went to the plaza to buy myself a birthday present from the money I had received, something just for me, not bills, not food, just for me. ……………. The whole process must have exhausted me without realising. By the time I got home I could not put one foot in front of the other.

Hubby came home and wanted to know what I had been doing to ruin myself and I said only pushing son around the plaza in the pusher (which is easier than a trolley.) He was worried. He suggested a hot bath. Guess what? No hot water, the washing, the 2 showers and the bath had emptied the hot water service. So I went to bed.

…………. Sunday I had to go and pick up my daughter. I nearly fell asleep on the way home (300km return trip)

……….. The floor has not been vacuumed for weeks and looks disgusting. The housework is not getting done and I have no drive. The mind is able but the body is not.

………… I feel like a cripple with no visible defects and this horrible. If I had scars, then it could be explained, but I don’t and people just do not or can not understand.

………….I saw the a XXXXX truck two weeks ago and nearly pulled off the road.. It was not the same truck, but I felt threatened by it. In the end I decided not to pull over, but made a conscious decision to stay behind him. This was a hard decision (Trust me)

Post 8

Post 1 - The Beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment