NuffNang

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Truck, the Commodore and the Fallout #8

Post 7
On the 15th May 1998 I was involved in car V truck accident, that saw a commodore shortened by 3 foot either end. The following entries are from a diary I kept at the time.

It’s now 13 years later and the pain is still here – the TAC of course have wiped their hands of me. I learnt a long time ago that the only person you can rely on is you and it’s something that has stood me in good stead for longer than I can remember.

23rd July 1998

I went to the Chiro’s last night, he seems pleased with the progress that I am making, although I think he is disappointed that things are still not back to normal.

………. It is still very hard for me to bend down and try and comfort the children, give the kids a cuddle or even try to stoke the fire.

Hubby is not very good with the fire and it takes him twice as long to get the fire going as it does for me, therefore it is better that I do it.

……….. I still feel very tired and drained and whenever the pain is around. I also feel depressed (and sore!) My daughter, while I’m trying to light the fire, will come up behind me and rub my back,. I know it sounds silly but she is trying to help in her own little way. She asks if it feels nice and I always say yes, even if it hurts. She is trying to be a good girl and “Do things that not make mummy’s back hurt” Straight from the mouth of a 6 year old.

The boss at work has just done his stack at me. I have not told him how much my back hurts, because if I did I could guarantee being out on the street without a job.

……….. I got the TAC forms yesterday, one part needs the boss to fill in page. I do not know how I can do this. If he thinks I’m incapable of doing my job, he will find someone else. I cannot afford to be without a job. WHAT DO I DO NOW?

Right now I am nearly in tears. I need this job. I need the money offered by the TAC for the medical expenses and yet I won’t be able to claim if I can’t get the boss to sign.

Maybe all this recording my feelings is bullshit, but it seems to make me feel better so why not?

Post 9

Post 1 - The Beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment