NuffNang

Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Truck, the Commodore and the Fallout #12

Post 11
On the 15th May 1998 I was involved in car V truck accident, that saw a commodore shortened by 3 foot either end. The following entries are from a diary I kept at the time.

It’s now 13 years later and the pain is still here – the TAC of course have wiped their hands of me. I learnt a long time ago that the only person you can rely on is you and it’s something that has stood me in good stead for longer than I can remember.

27th August 1998

Wonderful morning (Hypocritical)

The body is fine, but I get the sneaking suspicion I am not meant to go to work today………….

Guess what? Even after leaving home 30 minutes late. I still made it to work on time.

Beat that!

This morning to wake me up, hubby grabbed my legs just above the ankles and he sure had my attention! The pain was unbelievable. It was so sharp and sudden. As soon as he let go it disappeared.

I was speaking to the Chiro last night and said to him what the Doctor has said. He could not believe it and asked in what sense? Was I joking? I said no. he had made a diagnosis and had referred me to a pain management clinic.

The Chiro said perhaps the doctor was having a bad day and that was to blame. The Chiro says there is no way I am a hypochondriac, if anything I probably need to slow down at times.

I mean like I said to the chiro, who do I believe, my body, my mind or a doctor who sees me only when I can go no further?

Post 13

Post 1 - The Beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment