NuffNang

Monday, May 16, 2011

The Truck, the Commodore and the Fallout #13

Post 12
On the 15th May 1998 I was involved in car V truck accident, that saw a commodore shortened by 3 foot either end. The following entries are from a diary I kept at the time.

It’s now 13 years later and the pain is still here – the TAC of course have wiped their hands of me. I learnt a long time ago that the only person you can rely on is you and it’s something that has stood me in good stead for longer than I can remember.

1st September 1998

Yesterday my back was okay, although my arm and shoulder were very tender. I went to pick up my son at crèche and found that I had no strength in my right arm. Other than that everything was okay.

Today, my shin is touch tender and forced me to turn off the fan in the car and hitch up my pants leg and try to alleviate the pain that way.

……. The thing that is really pissing me off about all this, is that the doctor seems to think that I am bull-shitting and like I’ve mentioned previously, when no external damage is visible, why should people believe that you are ‘sick’? People can have sympathy for people with scarring, injuries and bandages. Just like mental illness, when the illness is not visible, then it can’t be a problem.

Trying sitting in my shoes and not being able to lift firewood without pain. Not being able to feed the animals without pain and not being able to stand at the sink and wash the dishes without pain or push the vacuum around without pain. It is tiring and why should people believe you, when you continue as best you can, just to get things done. I am getting on with life, but with a few limitations. Tell the goat not to pull to the left when you need it to go right to go to bed. Try telling your son not to nick off and have you chase him. Tell the chooks not to eat food so that you don’t have to fill up the feeders and while you’re at it why not sell the horses that you don’t have to lift the hay to feed them? How’s that for giving up?

Enough bullshit. I’ve got work to do.

Post 14 & 15

Post 1 - The Beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment