NuffNang

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Truck, the Commodore and the Fallout #23

Post 22

On the 15th May 1998 I was involved in car V truck accident, that saw a commodore shortened by 3 foot either end. The following entries are from a diary I kept at the time.

It’s now 13 years later and the pain is still here – the TAC of course have wiped their hands of me. I learnt a long time ago that the only person you can rely on is you and it’s something that has stood me in good stead for longer than I can remember.

21st January 1999

What do I do? Where do I turn? It seems every corner I turn creates more problems. Doctors, Chiros’s, Physio’s say take it easy.

How the hell am I meant to take it easy, if I can’t manage the things I normally do? I have no-one to help me, no-one to pick up the kids, cook meals, wash clothes or hang out the washing. I would love to be able to rest, ……. But the old story, If I don’t do it who will?

………. People think that I am lazy, people think I am putting on an act. If I was putting on an act, would I be trying to continue on with life as normal as possible?

……… After a week off the house is starting to look reasonable, but next week it will be back to where it was before.

Post 24 - if link not working - please wait for 12 hours - comes up 8am Melb time daily until finished :(

Post 1 - The Beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment