NuffNang

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Truck, the Commodore and the Fallout #24

Post 23

On the 15th May 1998 I was involved in car V truck accident, that saw a commodore shortened by 3 foot either end. The following entries are from a diary I kept at the time.

It’s now 13 years later and the pain is still here – the TAC of course have wiped their hands of me. I learnt a long time ago that the only person you can rely on is you and it’s something that has stood me in good stead for longer than I can remember.

26th January 1999

I feel as though I have done both hamstrings. I woke up this morning feeling like this. Yesterday while walking on the pier for fishing. (see further along) I fell. The reason I fell was that my left knee buckled (gave way) and caused my ankle to collapse and of course I went down like a bag of shit. I’ve never fallen like this before. My knee just disappeared from underneath me and let go. Anyway I got up and continued on my way. Getting back to the fishing, every time (I mean EVERY time) we go anywhere near water and are staying the night. My husband stays with the kids and I go fishing. It’s an unwritten law. I fish, he minds the kids. This only happens of a night and only when we stay near water.

It’s bloody ridiculous.

Why am I being punished? I can not enjoy my family. I am missing out on everything. I can’t even walk to the end of the pier without taking arrest because either my side, shin or hips hurt. I can’t go for walks with the family. I can’t even go for a walk down to the bottom paddock.

I feel like a loser and a write-off. My husband keeps making allowances, but he is getting annoyed and I can’t say I blame him.

Who wants a wife who can’t enjoy her family and can’t even lift his children, let alone take them for a walk down the road or play with them or fly a kite. …………..

Post 25 & 26

Post 1 - The Beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment