NuffNang

Monday, May 30, 2011

The Truck, the Commodore and the Fallout #29

Post 28

On the 15th May 1998 I was involved in car V truck accident, that saw a commodore shortened by 3 foot either end. The following entries are from a diary I kept at the time.

It’s now 13 years later and the pain is still here – the TAC of course have wiped their hands of me. I learnt a long time ago that the only person you can rely on is you and it’s something that has stood me in good stead for longer than I can remember.

9th March 1999

I’ve been without pain for the previous 2-3 days. The week prior I did not hang out any washing. I did not do any dishes. I tried to limit physical activity. My lower back has been quite sore, but as long as I did not bend over using my lower back it was bearable. Although the pain in my arm has gone, the pain in my left ankle, skin and both knees has flared up. ……… The pain was only a 5 on the pain scale.

Woke up Monday morning to a tray of breakfast. Hubby had bought me breakfast in bed. I loved it. He had seen some roses in the garden, cut them and placed them in a vase and made breakfast. The roses were lovely and I must admit that I felt spoilt. ……. I did not drive the car for the last three days. I wonder if that has anything to with anything?

……… by Friday we were running out of clothes and my son was wearing size 3’s, which I had hanging in the wardrobe from my daughter. Tonight I have to go home and remove the rest of the clothes off the line. I left them there last night because I ran out of energy and was too sore to lift my arms above my head.

Since Tuesday last week, my back has been quite bad. In fact when I went to the Physio, he seemed amazed that I was still working even though I had kids. I don’t know what I’m supposed to do. Some people think I’m crazy to work and try and
cope, others think I’m crazy to give up work. For me the answer is simple. Without work, there is no money, without money there is no food or mortgage payments,

I was looking for job on the weekend and then thought who would want someone who is taking time off work all the time. Even though I try and make most of the appointments after hours, that is not always possible and then sometimes I can not make the times late enough. So I still have to take time off work. It’s a no win situation. I’ve realised I can’t get a new job, because I am unable to complete the tasks set. Either unable to or unable to stay the hours needed.

I am so pissed off.

Nobody seems to care and I am just the meat in the sandwich. PS – Did I tell you that the TAC say that if the Boss wants to get rid of me, he can and I don’t have a leg to stand on. Just my fucking luck.

Can anyone throw anymore garbage in my direction. I’m not buried alive yet.

I am in a severe hate mood and that hate is currently directed at myself.

…………..
Post 30


Post 1 - The Beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment