NuffNang

Friday, May 20, 2011

The Truck, the Commodore and the Fallout #20

Post 18-19
On the 15th May 1998 I was involved in car V truck accident, that saw a commodore shortened by 3 foot either end. The following entries are from a diary I kept at the time.

It’s now 13 years later and the pain is still here – the TAC of course have wiped their hands of me. I learnt a long time ago that the only person you can rely on is you and it’s something that has stood me in good stead for longer than I can remember.

30th December 1998

…………. Both elbows, knees, left ankle, left leg and right side of my back are very sore and tender. In fact my back on the right side is hotter than the left and it’s uncomfortable sitting in the drivers seat. The pain I am feeling down my elbow and knees is stabbing and inconsistent. My right arm is strapped from the elbow to the wrist, which improves things dramatically. I am having some pain in my upper right arm, which was strapped earlier in the day, but I found it too painful to touch, so removed the strapping, which made things less painful but it is still sore with my shirt touching it.

When I drive the car near home (unmade roads) I find that the rough surfaces causes my left ankle dramatically increased pain levels.

We were supposed to have a BBQ at our place tomorrow night, but it has been cancelled by hubby because he is afraid I won’t cope. I know he is right, but I am disappointed. ………… he is not being nasty, he is just trying to come to terms with everything and I think having great difficulty in doing so…………

Post 21

Post 1 - The Beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment