NuffNang

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Truck, the Commodore and the Fallout #31

Post 30
On the 15th May 1998 I was involved in car V truck accident, that saw a commodore shortened by 3 foot either end. The following entries are from a diary I kept at the time.

It’s now 13 years later and the pain is still here – the TAC of course have wiped their hands of me. I learnt a long time ago that the only person you can rely on is you and it’s something that has stood me in good stead for longer than I can remember.

1st April 1999

The TAC said that even if I get home help, that if we slept in a double bed (we do) that the helper would only be allowed to make my side of the bed. It’s pathetic and it’s what I suspected and why I haven’t bothered with of that sort of garbage. As previously stated, I do not want something for nothing. Only some help, which it would appear that they (TAC) are unwilling/unable to provide due to stupid regulations. I hate government departments and the garbage involved with dealing with them.

……. Hubby got home at 10pm and was exhausted. He did not feed the chooks. I told him that they needed food, he said he would do it tomorrow. He did at least put the goat away, which saved me doing it. When I bought up the topic about no wood. He blew it. “You can freeze, I’m too tired.” This means that the wood I got earlier has no run out and the temperature in the house is dropping. It will force me to go to bed soon. That’s not such a great loss, but it means that tomorrow that I will HAVE to get the chainsaw out and see where I can start it to get some wood.

Post 30

…….. What the hell am I supposed to do? Like TAC said, they only help me with personal care and things that affect me directly. What do I do about the wood. I have enough trouble carrying the wood, let alone cutting it. ………

…….. I hate living like this. The house is disgusting. Things have been put almost everywhere and left there. Only because I do not have the energy to put them away. The kids are probably the worst, but how do you explain to a 2yo and a 7yo that it hurts mummy to bend all the time? ……. 7yo tidies up a little bit, but how much can a 7yo do before she is old before her time? This is not fair and I have no right to tell her to help mummy do the housework. That is not her job, it is mine. Hubby tries to maintain the outside without my help, but it is proving hard also. We normally work together and do everything from planting trees, to chopping carrying wood, to refilling the water tanks. We are a team and worked as such. Now that is not possible.

Post 32

Post 1 - The Beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment