NuffNang

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

What are you laughing at?

How many times have you heard this statement? – be it from a workmate, a lover, friends or partner.

I read anything in the printed the form and if there is no book handy, often a novel, I will read the back of the cereal packet. I love reading. I’ll read almost anything.

I was reading a cheap novel, not even sure where it came from, probably swapped between other book lovers, as often happens. This exert made me laugh and put a smile on my face. Just imagine me as Bertha


“Bertha wasn’t worried about Indians bothering her; she knew they thought it was bad medicine to mess with crazy people. And what could be crazier than an old woman on a mule out here by herself?”

From Jessie’s Outlaw, Author:Cheryl Anne Porter 1993

What books have you read that bring out bouts of laughter, giggles or even tears?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment