NuffNang

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Discovery Campervans ripped me off

My husband and I decided to book a campervan holiday, it was mid 2009 that we decided we needed a break. With the stress of the bushfires and trying to get a cookbook up and running for in support of a bushfire affected town, we really needed a break.

We booked the holiday, we booked airfares, everything for the four of us as a family just to get away for a week. We had booked to leave March 2010.

Two days before we were due to fly my father died. We hurriedly delayed everything and re-scheduled what could be rescheduled. Paid the penalty fees and thought no problems.

I haven’t been terribly well these last 18months, most likely due to stress. We re-scheduled for September School Holidays (way back in March 2010). Then thrown a curve ball that my son is going to New Zealand with school for hockey, My daughter doesn’t know if she is coming or going and I just threw my hands up in the air and couldn’t manage with re-scheduling again.

We paid $547 (plus 2 x $100) for re-scheduling.

The email I received from Discovery Campervans clearly stated “If you decide to take a campervan holiday in the next 6 months or so – we will gladly transfer the deposit over to your new booking”

I thought this deposit to be transferred was $547.00 – I was wrong – our deposit is apparently $79 – the rest goes swinging in the wind.

I’m sitting here crying at the moment because everything is just too F*** hard

3 comments:

  1. The money and the holiday is gone. You can't do anything about it. Let it go. Ha, let yourself be irrational for a change and yell at the kids or kick a few doors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Irrational for a change....." LOL I try not to be irrational - it doesn;t achieve anything

    I just feel ripped off - it's not even so much the money - it's the principle of the whole thing.....
    “If you decide to take a campervan holiday in the next 6 months or so – we will gladly transfer the deposit over to your new booking”
    That sentence indicates (& implies) that ALL funds would be tranferrable )excluding the $200 because of changes) THAT'S what upsets me the most. THEY LIED
    And I think you know me well enough by now I dislike like people and companies and organisations like that.
    So I had a sook, add it to my list of 'shit happens to me today' and had a coffee.
    Plus, Andrew I'm not the irrational type ;) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an very nice post. Thanks for sharing this with us and the information as well.

    Aussie Campervans

    ReplyDelete