NuffNang

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Out of the closet

I’ve been hiding in the closet – I’ve not told you who I am, most of you don’t know my gender, anything about my career, my family and I’ve been happy to keep it that way. This is because previously I've been hated for what I say, but I have come to the realisation that if the truth hurts, then you are the one with the problem, not me.

I have come to the conclusion that I can no longer keep my online identity hidden without people distrusting me.

I’m aware that there are many fakes in both the real world and on the ‘net, I can assure you I am as real as they come in both worlds. What you see is what you get with me. I don’t hide behind a screen and keyboard, I don’t hide behind false words or faces. That is not who or what I am.

I am responsible for many things in my life, from a happy marriage of 22 years and 2 beautiful children, to a haphazard but happy working life.

I am also wholly and solely responsible for itaintalwaysso and Marysvillecookbook blogspot and also The Marysville Cookbook - with no external input from anyone or anything on any printed word.

The last 12 months has seen many changes in my life, from the devastation and destruction of Marysville, where I grew up and went to school. To the death of my father, 12 months after the Black Saturday fires.

But that is not why I am coming out of the closet so speak.

My name is Heather, I live north of Melbourne in a rural setting and I enjoy who and what I am, and what I have become as I’ve grown up.

Noting that as someone said recently – growing up doesn’t mean a mortgage and kids, it means being happy with who and what you are. And I am

So there you have it – I’ve come out of the closet.

8 comments:

  1. And greetings to you Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather, Nice to finally name you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather :) Nice to finally meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone (I just thought Dr Kildare, from The Simpsons then!) One day - I will put a photo up - but I don't have any photos of me :( - Sad but true - the two or three that I could well pass for mug shots in some god-forsaken country!
    One day - my wishlist
    Thank-you everyone - I know you expected something or someone a little more salacious, but sadly that is not the case!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salutations Heather, nice to meet you online.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank-you Fen (and everyone else) someone asked me if I felt any different? - I do I feel somehow stripped naked. I've been protected who I am online for years and now suddenly - it's all 'out there' **blush**

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather, I knew who you were by a few quick google's not long after following you on twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhhh - but are you sure?

    Someone else has my name, and at least one other person uses I_Enigma nickname and the prior name that I used was used by many - can you be sure?

    Seriously? ;)

    ReplyDelete