NuffNang

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Even Your Eggs Smile



I saw this at a friends house – I found it corny and really sad. I suppose because I haven’t bought eggs for the past decade or more – I’m not use to seeing my eggs smiling up at me as I smash their heads in.

Was this to try and sway people from eating eggs – you know the caged bird thingy?

Or was it to encourage people to eat more eggs, if you think someone cares enough to smile at you?

Don’t know either way – Personally I’m not sure I care.

All I know is that free-range eggs – if you can afford them – are the absolute best, and even better than shop bought free-range eggs are those from a friends' chickens.

Those ‘free-range’ eggs you can get at many Sunday type markets are often not what they seem, they may look enticing on that bed of straw – BUT often they are barn-laid and then presented as free-range.

Sorry kids – but that is marketing for you. The average ‘backyard’ free range eggs- sell for $4.00-$4.50 per dozen, anymore than that and you are being ripped off.!

No comments:

Post a Comment