NuffNang

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Telstra HTC Mozart Review 20101204 (9th day)

Over the next 5 days I’m going to give an indepth review on what is important TO ME regarding the HTC Mozart. (Remember each and every person has different needs and wants)

Review:-
Phone calls (obviously)
I have trouble answering a call when they come in, the button just doesn’t seem to want to work, probably operator error. But annoying to say the least
There is a slight drop out of the phone call when you pick up the phone to answer – ie, when you pick up off the desk, press the answer button and then put to your ear, I suspect the screen sliding from horizontal to diagonal is the problem

Text Messages – I have teenagers
The messages are fairly easy to compose, but I do find that I have to press more buttons than in the Nokia because I have to pick up each letter and then use the predictive words in the HTC, whereas with the Nokia you really only have a choose on 10 buttons and then the phone tries to guess (and gets it right 99% of the time)
I do like the way the predicted words are displayed at the top of keyboard, but again, many errors made when trying to ‘pick’ them up for usage, I end up with letters from the top row of the QWERTY keyboard.
I like the way the Messages are kept together in conversations, makes for easy tracking.

Emails – when I choose to use them
I’ve hooked up to my Gmail account, the emails are very easy to retrieve, send and view, and when you delete pretty! (It’s a girl thing)
I do find though that I’m not getting all the emails that come into my account, now that MAY be because I have a PC downloading emails at another site and maybe once read, don’t get downloaded to a phone. Technical – something that I’ll figure out one day

Games – to amuse me during ‘those’ times I need amusing
Love bejewelled, but I dislike the amount of time it takes to load, over 1min, which I find frustrating.
Bejewelled – doesn’t fall into sleep mode, when left untouched which could and would waste the battery
My son loves the games, as I said in one of my earlier posts, I tend to be a creature of habit and am happy with bejewelled.
The downloading of games and apps from the marketplace is pretty easy – but it’s not something I would do often – I’m not like so who seem to think it’s a competition to see how many ‘apps’ they can have on their phone.
The music that goes with bejewelled is fantastic (that’s the only music I’ve probably heard all week)

Tethering – to fire up my notepad to the ‘net
The phone CAN NOT be tethered – which is a HUGE hurdle for me, without tethering I need to carry a dongle and that means another contract. I have a data package with the Nokia

To be continued................

Telstra Exchange

10th Day Review

“I have been given a HTC Mozart with Windows 7 Phone by Telstra free of charge to review. The comments expressed by me reflect my own user experience and personal opinion and are not made on behalf of Telstra.”

4 comments:

  1. I love they way you and running the review. Others have been at times quite negative without being constructive. Great Job

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank-you - for me there is nothing worse than looking for/at a product and only seeing the postives/ I'm not saying that negatives should be the only thing written about.

    But you need to explain your circumstances and why you like/dislike something and I think that is what I'm doing

    ReplyDelete
  3. O
    I have this phone and would NOT Recommend it to any one

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anon - Can you explain why you don't recommend the HTC Mozart?

    Personallly I don't like it - but that is purely because of the the tethering issue. I know my son loves the HTC Mozart, taken to it like a fish to water. But for me a phone is not a toy or a time timewaster, but a tool and this 'tool' didn't measure up in the scheme of things.

    Please return and comment!

    thank-you

    ReplyDelete