NuffNang

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Telstra HTC Mozart Review 20101205 (10th Day)

Calendar – I live by it, with it and can’t survive without it
Still no joy – but I think this is because I use the Nokia as the main calendar and not Google Calenders or similar
If I was to put everything into Google calendars then I wouldn’t have a problem. My biggest issue with this (was thinking about it today) was privacy – I’m not sure I want everything ‘out there’ somewhere for others to hack/locate if they should choose.

Contacts – a must have
Still no joy - Again because I use the Nokia as the main contacts list and not Google, I think that is where I’m having the problems.
Same as above, (Calendar) I need to import from Outlook into Google and then I don’t think I will have a problem, but again – I don’t like things sitting online, ‘in case of’ I wouldn’t like to be hacked and I do my utmost to ensure it doesn’t and IF it did occur, there would be limited damage.

Internet
Very easy to use – you can see numerous windows that are open, at the press of a button. You can favourite sites and have them as tiles on the ‘front’ page. Altogether a good experience.
The ability to zoom in and out by ‘pinching’ your fingers means even blind people (me) should be able to see the screen and the details without locating their glasses.

Speed dial – I don’t use voice commands
I’ve been referring to the call history to pull up the numbers I need, my brain still hasn’t got used to the contacts list, probably because it/I knows it’s not complete

Social Media
Twitter App - Bulky, slow and I prefer Snaptu, which auto-refreshs
The ‘ME” button seems like a great idea, offering social media updates, literally at the push of a button. Although I’m not a big Facebook – is easy to use on HTC, far easier than the Nokia (But I don’t use facebook often to worry about it)

TelstraOne
Which is a tile on the ‘front’ page, the layout is great, access to many thing from news to account details etc
I’m surprised that many screens don’t offer the pinch zoom and this is one screen that doesn’t.
As this is all provided within the Telstra account data allowances a great idea

HTC Hub
Which is another tile on the front page, the graphics are great, the weather application is great and the fact that it automatically locates the nearest relevant weather is fantastic, but it does make you wonder how much data is actually being collected (PS you can turn this off if you choose)
The Hub is supposed to be the central location for all your apps to be easier found – I found it easier just to swipe the ‘front’ page to the right and access areas that way.

To be continued....................

Telstra Exchange

11th Day Review

“I have been given a HTC Mozart with Windows 7 Phone by Telstra free of charge to review. The comments expressed by me reflect my own user experience and personal opinion and are not made on behalf of Telstra.”

No comments:

Post a Comment