NuffNang

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Morals in the employment field

I once had the opportunity to accept a high paying job, very close to home. One that on the surface, it suited me – I suited it.



The job interview was a success, the offices were nice, the parking good, like I said everything a girl could want.



UNTIL………………….. I was browsing the product lines that were manufactured and I realized this company made energy drinks. This was way before they become a fad, way before people even knew what they were and how much damage they could cause when used incorrectly.



The product was not widely available back then, the warning label clearly stated, not suitable for people under the age of 18years, not suitable for pregnant or lactating women, not suitable if you have a heart condition. So many warnings on a product that was available on the open market to be abused.


I made a decision, right there, right then. Regardless of the outcome of the interview, regardless of the pay conditions, regardless of how good the position was – I would not take this position.



I could not take this position on moral grounds.



I would be interested in your thoughts and what you would have done in the same situation.



Would you have refused the position, as I did on moral grounds? Would you accepted the position and figure it was for everyone else to look after themselves?



What would you do?



Comments please!

No comments:

Post a Comment