NuffNang

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Telstra HTC Mozart Review 20101127 - (2nd day)

If I refer to something in a prior post – just pick up the tag TelstraWP7 down below this post and you can refer to all the posts I’ve made regarding the HTC Mozart WP7 Phone.

I charged my battery last night before I hit the sack. At 9am I’m already down to ¾ of the battery life. There is supposed a fix coming out – but I’m finding it difficult to justify, having to carry a charger around just to use the phone, may be a problem sometimes.

Some discoveries I’ve made
You can listen to the ring tone you want to allocate to someone’s ID simply by pressing an arrow, takes a little while to get used to.
The ‘Map’ function is cool! Plug in where you want to go it and it takes you from here to there. (Trick – zoom in AND you can actually see buildings etc) Magnificent!
You can ‘pinch’ the screen when looking at photos, and other screens and zoom in and out etc.
By pressing the windows symbol – you can activate the voice commands, COOL!
I like the predictive text, when texting, it shows the words, including plurals and all you have to is ‘pick up’ the word with a long press.

Some things I dislike
The power button (which is also the wake button) is too sensitive, and when I pick the phone up – I often turn it off!
The disconnect call button is on the screen, rather than what I’m use to as a button down the bottom
The handset gets quite warm, when used for extended periods of time.
The Maps function, although lovely to use – requires someone to touch the screen every minute to stop the phone going into sleep mode. Found this annoying.

I have found a manual for a HTC “Mozart” and WOW - I’m learning some stuff! I don’t understand why there is no manual supplied with the Mozart. Hubby did say that kids don’t need manuals, the instructions are born with them, but for old farts like me – I like manuals!

I’ve just handed the phone over to my 13yo – this could be interesting. Hubby was right – they are born with the manual imbedded in the psyche. It’s sad. He took to it like fish to water. I’ll let you know tomorrow.

Today has seen me with a moments thought, that I felt like Tom Cruise in Minority Report, standing in front of a screen, and ‘flicking’ stuff around to find out more information, Not sure if that is good or bad!

That’s todays’ ‘lesson’ over – I’ve always had problem selecting a new phone, can take me 2-3 months to decide which one, this time I bit and bit BIG and I think I might be coping.

If you are on Twitter, follow the banter at #TelstraWP7

Thanks for listening to the rant! – Maybe tomorrow brings smiles

Telstra Exchange

3rd Day Review - How I became a Telstra Reviewer

“I have been given a HTC Mozart with Windows 7 Phone by Telstra free of charge to review. The comments expressed by me reflect my own user experience and personal opinion and are not made on behalf of Telstra.”

No comments:

Post a Comment