NuffNang

Friday, June 3, 2011

The Truck, the Commodore and the Fallout #34 & #35

Post 33
On the 15th May 1998 I was involved in car V truck accident, that saw a commodore shortened by 3 foot either end. The following entries are from a diary I kept at the time.

It’s now 13 years later and the pain is still here – the TAC of course have wiped their hands of me. I learnt a long time ago that the only person you can rely on is you and it’s something that has stood me in good stead for longer than I can remember.

5th April 1999

My left leg is really sore. Up, down, walking, resting it all hurts. My right arm is also sore. No matter what position I leave it. It hurts. My neck has also been sore on both sides at various times. I hate days like this.

Hubby commented on Saturday night that my whole body was twitching. I said to him that is was the accident and I don’t think he quite understands how bad it really is. He seems to understand that I have good and bad days, but not really how bad it is.

……….. Good night


6th April 1999

I’m going to bed as soon as I finish this. I’m cold. Even with the fire going my legs are cold and in agony. I found out this morning how bad things could get when I get cold.

This morning the car wouldn’t start. It had a flat battery. When the RACV guy came, I obviously stayed with him while he got it going. The wind was quite cold and I was feeling cold, but not that cold. Anyway about 30min after being outside, the car was going, so I loaded the kids and left. 5 min later my leg was agony. From the knee to the ankle it felt twice as big as normal and definitely not normal. This feeling lasted until 2pm. It was agony. The pills did not help and walking was very difficult.

My entire leg felt twice the size of normal and the pain was beyond belief. It was horrible.

Anyway, I’m going to bed with a hot water bottle, to see if that makes any difference.

Post 1 - The Beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment