NuffNang

Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Truck, the Commodore and the Fallout #52

Post 51

On the 15th May 1998 I was involved in car V truck accident, that saw a commodore shortened by 3 foot either end. The following entries are from a diary I kept at the time.

It’s now 13 years later and the pain is still here – the TAC of course have wiped their hands of me. I learnt a long time ago that the only person you can rely on is you and it’s something that has stood me in good stead for longer than I can remember.

11th December 1999

Like I have been saying for the entire 18 months of this bullshit. TAC are not interested in helping. I don’t expect someone to wait on me hand and foot, but it would be nice not to have to vacuum the floor and then suffer the pain, or try and hang clothes on the line once again and suffer the pain. It would be lovely to have someone mow the grass around the house area. I’m beginning to get paranoid about the risk of snakes and many times are not letting the children out, because I if I am not there then they might not see a snake. I would never forgive myself if one of them got bitten by a snake.

Hubby can’t do everything. You know what? Believe it or not! I miss mowing the lawns. I miss not being able to take my aggression out on a piece of wood. I miss not being able to see the fruits of my labour. I walk out of house and the lawn looks shithouse, the dirty washing is piling up. I don’t look forward to the pain generated by hanging the washing on the line. Even folding the washing causes pain. ………….

There is at least one good thing about the kids getting older. My son is in the middle of potty training, which means the only time I have to lay him on the floor is first thing in the morning to take off his wet nappy and then last thing of a night to put a nappy on for the night. That is definitely a benefit. It means not so much bending and lifting.

I’m starting to get goose bumps from the cold, so I’m going to bed………..

Good-night.

Post 53

Post 1 - The Beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment