NuffNang

Friday, June 10, 2011

The Truck, the Commodore and the Fallout #43

Post 42
On the 15th May 1998 I was involved in car V truck accident, that saw a commodore shortened by 3 foot either end. The following entries are from a diary I kept at the time.

It’s now 13 years later and the pain is still here – the TAC of course have wiped their hands of me. I learnt a long time ago that the only person you can rely on is you and it’s something that has stood me in good stead for longer than I can remember.

19th October 1999

I really haven’t felt like writing again and I still don’t. Life in general is giving me the shits. I rang the solicitors, after I found out that the doctor didn’t want to have anything to do with TAC. This all came about after I made an appointment and did what the solicitor said, which was to sit down and discuss the issues that caused me to change doctors in the first place.

Anyway, we sat down alright, but after discussing all the issues, she was open about the fact that she can not be bothered with the paperwork from the TAC. The proof was in the pudding when she pulled out some documentation off her desk (from the TAC) which was dated the 22nd June 1999. She told me that she could not be bothered with the TAC and the accompanying paperwork and would be more than happy to see me on family matters, but that to me is not good enough. I don’t know how long I have been going to that clinic, but I know it was before my son was born, so it has to be at least 2.5 years. Anyway, I ended up asking the Doctor for someone else who would be willing to handle TAC matters and she referred me to another doctor. He is located on the other side of the complex. I went there straight away and he fitted me in and seemed quite disappointed in the events that had led me in coming to see him.

I don’t think I complain, I think I put up with a lot of garbage before I get upset and I believe that because of this, I get treated like dirt 90% of the time.

The ‘new’ doctor is wanting to see me again this Friday and is going to investigate my problems more thoroughly.

……………..Yesterday I was totally intimidated by a bloody huge crane truck. ……. It was not just a crane truck, it had 4 sets of dual wheels and the tyres where bigger than my car.

……….. It scared the living daylights out of me and I ended up turning off. Whenever I see something big like that it seems to be scaring me more and more. I feel like such a wimp. But I look at it as self-preservation.

I think that is the end of the story today. Enjoy yourself and stay out of the way of trucks and moronic drivers.

Anyway enough garbage for now.

Post 44


Post 1 - The Beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment