NuffNang

Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Truck, the Commodore and the Fallout #44

Post 43
On the 15th May 1998 I was involved in car V truck accident, that saw a commodore shortened by 3 foot either end. The following entries are from a diary I kept at the time.

It’s now 13 years later and the pain is still here – the TAC of course have wiped their hands of me. I learnt a long time ago that the only person you can rely on is you and it’s something that has stood me in good stead for longer than I can remember.

24th October 1999

I really don’t know why I bother trying to do everything that needs to be done. No matter what I do, it never seems enough.

……… We have no wood, we have no water, there is air in the pipes and it has been freezing. But again nobody cares. Why should they care? I am only an idiot who continued to work after being slammed by a big fucking truck. Whenever I look, wherever I turn there are trucks all around me. I have on more than one occasion either changed the road I was travelling on to avoid a truck or alternatively pulled off the road and let them pass.

It sounds so weak, and I feel weak when this happens, but nobody understands.

………… You wonder why he doesn’t get out there and chop some wood. Well, the timber is in the gully and it is too dark to go down and get it and saw it up with the chainsaw. Hubby hasn’t been getting home before 8pm and by then it is dark. I can not and will not allow him to go into the gully in the dark and attempt to cut the wood. It is too dangerous. Since I can not do it. There is now no wood. But why should anyone care? I know for sure the TAC don’t give a shit about people like me. I have to continue with life as much as possible even with the level of pain that I am enduring.

Sounds like self-pity at its peak, but believe me, when you are in this situation you would be saying the same things.

Post 45


Post 1 - The Beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment