NuffNang

Monday, June 13, 2011

The Truck, the Commodore and the Fallout #49

Post 48
On the 15th May 1998 I was involved in car V truck accident, that saw a commodore shortened by 3 foot either end. The following entries are from a diary I kept at the time.

It’s now 13 years later and the pain is still here – the TAC of course have wiped their hands of me. I learnt a long time ago that the only person you can rely on is you and it’s something that has stood me in good stead for longer than I can remember.

2nd November 1999

I feel like an old woman and I’m moving like one too. My ankle is killing me and my right side is sore. My shoulder is tender and my right arm if I lift anything. At least for the moment my neck is pretty good and Stormin’ Norman has not moved back in.

As long as I am sitting still, the pain is not too bad. If I try and move, then my legs don’t want to work. It takes a long while of thinking about it before my legs want to move. I have to will them to move and the pain is severe.

The cramps on the right side come and go. At least they are away more than they are here. I don’t think I would be able to cope with not being able to breathe.

.………. Enough bullshit I’m going to bed.

Post 50


Post 1 - The Beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment