NuffNang

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Truck, the Commodore and the Fallout #41

Post 40
On the 15th May 1998 I was involved in car V truck accident, that saw a commodore shortened by 3 foot either end. The following entries are from a diary I kept at the time.

It’s now 13 years later and the pain is still here – the TAC of course have wiped their hands of me. I learnt a long time ago that the only person you can rely on is you and it’s something that has stood me in good stead for longer than I can remember.

10th October 1999

I have felt shithouse since Thursday night. …………. The pain has been unrelenting. It was so bad that every step hubby took across the floor in the lounge room made my ankle scream. I wince in pain because if say anything hubby gets the shits. He is sick of this and because of the bloody accident we are fighting more and more. Most of the arguments are about the state of the house and the fact that things are not getting done. Can you imagine what it must be like to come home late from work and find your wife sitting down and saying that the washing machine needs emptying and that there is no fire wood and that the animals need feeding? Before, he never had to worry about these sorts of things and now he does. He gets so sick of it. Tonight he got shitty and started doing the housework and when I asked what are you doing? He said “Yeah, I sit on my butt all day and do nothing.”

I am sitting here at the moment and my left leg is burning and every time I move, it HURTS. If I keep still (very still) it does not hurt. I have in some ways learned to disassociate the pain. As long as I do not use the offending limb I can block the pain to a certain extent. The only time this does not work is if outside influences causes movement. i.e. vibrations from the floor. Then I find that the pain returns.

Outside at the moment, it’s raining, I was worried, since we lost the house tank, we have lost the capacity to hold 5,000 gallons and therefore if we go for more than 2 weeks without rain, we have to cart water or go without. Generally we go without. Simply because hubby does not have the time and his car does not cope well with the furphy. From the sounds of it, the rain gauge should be well into the 10mm range. If that is the case, it should see us through for another week or two. Keep your fingers crossed.

……… One good thing about the week, it has been warm. Enough bullshit,. I hope the appointment on Tuesday will shed some light on everything and perhaps give me some assistance HA! HA! (What sort of chance do you think I’ve got?

Post 42


Post 1 - The Beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment