NuffNang

Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Truck, the Commodore and the Fallout #36

Post 34 & 35
On the 15th May 1998 I was involved in car V truck accident, that saw a commodore shortened by 3 foot either end. The following entries are from a diary I kept at the time.

It’s now 13 years later and the pain is still here – the TAC of course have wiped their hands of me. I learnt a long time ago that the only person you can rely on is you and it’s something that has stood me in good stead for longer than I can remember.

8th April 1999

I feel totally disgusting. My neck has been sore and was limiting my movements when I try and turn to the left. I have trouble checking the side mirror.

I went to the Physio…………. At least the headaches have gone for the time being.

………. I had to fill the car with gas and between my arm and by back I had trouble connecting the hose and the had trouble standing to wait for the tank to fill and then the walk to the checkout seemed like a walk to (not on) the moon. I was cripple, Not joking, The only way I could stand while the guy behind the counter sorted out the change was to lean heavily on the counter. Then the walk back to the car was pathetically ridiculous. I looked and felt like a drunk on a high and a swagger to match. Then the effort to get me feet into the car and close the door required a 2min rest before I could control the pain and start the car.

……. Whenever I lift my right arm away from my body, the area above the elbow screams. That is the only way to describe the pain.

Did I say that my headache seems to have left the scene? Stormin’ Norman has finally moved out. For the time being.

………. Did I mention that last month (2nd accident) that I received a letter from the idiot who drove into the middle of the road (his solicitor actually) wanting me to contact them directly.

I passed it directly onto AAMI. I think it is best that I let them handle it. Everyone has the details. The police have their reports and AAMI have my report. So I think they can sort it out. He is trying to get out of paying and I know that the police have charged him so how can I argue with that since they were there and collected witness statements.

Post 37

Post 1 - The Beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment