NuffNang

Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Truck, the Commodore and the Fallout #37

Post 36
On the 15th May 1998 I was involved in car V truck accident, that saw a commodore shortened by 3 foot either end. The following entries are from a diary I kept at the time.

It’s now 13 years later and the pain is still here – the TAC of course have wiped their hands of me. I learnt a long time ago that the only person you can rely on is you and it’s something that has stood me in good stead for longer than I can remember.

9th April 1999

There is a lovely message on my answering machine, someone has apparently subpoenaed me to appear in court. The court date was Monday and it had been cancelled. They called 5.05pm. I am not sure if they tried the mobile or whether they only rang here. When I rang the number at 5.45pm they had already gone home. I had not received any paper and know nothing about it.

I went to the police station and asked them what a subpoena is and they said it is where you are told you have to attend court. I said I don’t have a problem with that, but what if I can’t tell what you want to hear, or need to know? The officer said that normally you would only be subpoenaed if someone thought you were going to give a favourable response. I said alright, how long does this sort of thing take? (meaning about the accidents) He said normally about 3 months. It has been four since the 2nd accident and the only thing I can think it is in relation to is if the police require us there to support their case regarding the idiot moron who drove into the middle of the road. I don’t have a problem with that.

……. I have no problems with turning up, I just wish that I had known it was happening and why the paperwork had not been ‘served’ I’m not sure if you have to sign or whether it is mailed. But I knew nothing until this phone call.

….. I have been pretty crook today. My right arm was not able to be lifted from my side nearly all morning. Washing my hair was a painful experience this morning. Driving the car was also interesting and opening the door at crèche was also a fun experience. My lower back was a lot worse. It has prevented me from walking properly and sitting and standing were a wonderful experience as well. Every time I had to get up from my desk made me grunt with pain and the painkillers do not seem to me working.

…………….. my headache has not been seen since Thursday which is good.

Post 38

Post 1 - The Beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment