NuffNang

Monday, June 6, 2011

The Truck, the Commodore and the Fallout #38

Post 37
On the 15th May 1998 I was involved in car V truck accident, that saw a commodore shortened by 3 foot either end. The following entries are from a diary I kept at the time.

It’s now 13 years later and the pain is still here – the TAC of course have wiped their hands of me. I learnt a long time ago that the only person you can rely on is you and it’s something that has stood me in good stead for longer than I can remember.

10th April 1999

Things have gone from bad to worse. Not so much with the pain, that is static. But between hubby and me.

We ended up throwing things at each other. I am so frustrated and I know hubby is also frustrated. We are arguing all the time.

……….. Things no longer get done and hubby is getting pissed off, just as much as me.

………..had to go to the plaza to get an outfit for the wedding next week. While I was there a child (little spoilt brat) ran into the back of me. She must have slipped because she hit me at knee level and I almost collapsed. The pain had been bad before, but after that I had to find a seat and sit down for 10 minutes and let the pain subside. The only thing that allowed me to stand after being hit was the fact that I was pushing the pusher and using that to lean on.

I must have looked terrible, because when I went to get my hair cut, the hairdresser asked if I was okay. She didn’t even know me and yet she picked that something was wrong.

My arm has also been sore and the only way to reduce the pain has been to strap it again. I hope it’s not this bad again tomorrow because I have run out of strapping and I don’t have any money to buy anymore. (Hubby sometimes jokingly refers to me as an animal) well I haven’t told you where the strapping comes from. I buy it from the vets, because the stuff that they sell at the chemist sticks to you and itself. The stuff you get from the vet sticks only to itself and being elasticised provides the support far better than any crepe bandage and is easier to remove because you just cut it off, a little like plaster.

Getting back to the present, my legs and lower back are sore and if I stand I am unable to stand upright for more than several minutes. I definitely look like an old hag for that time.

I hate everything about life at the moment and the way I am living and the choices I am forced to make because of the limitations placed on me because of the accidents.

Post 39


Post 1 - The Beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment