NuffNang

Monday, June 6, 2011

The Truck, the Commodore and the Fallout #39

Post 38
On the 15th May 1998 I was involved in car V truck accident, that saw a commodore shortened by 3 foot either end. The following entries are from a diary I kept at the time.

It’s now 13 years later and the pain is still here – the TAC of course have wiped their hands of me. I learnt a long time ago that the only person you can rely on is you and it’s something that has stood me in good stead for longer than I can remember.

15th April 1999

I think I mentioned that my back has been sore all week. Every time I get up from my desk it is an effort.

I hate feeling like this. I just want everything to go away. Every movement I make reminds me of the pain.

I feel as though I am complaining when I go to the doctors or the TAC. I know that sounds silly………….

I don’t feel like writing much, because it reminds me of how long I have been like this and I just want everything gone. I’m sure that if I ignore the pain (as much as possible) then it has to go away. I have to get better, I can’t live like this for the rest of my life.

I hate going to bed because of the pain. I hate staying up because of the pain and I hate taking tablets because although they dull the pain. I don’t want to be reliant on them. I find that when things are really bad, it upsets my stomach and then I take pills to try and alleviate the pain and I find that I throw up because of nausea because of the pain.

I hate it, I hate it. I hate it. Why are there idiots on the road that don’t know how to drive and think ahead?

………………Hubby and I can’t even enjoy ourselves can you imagine what it is like doing the most intimate thing of your life and moaning in pain instead of pleasure?

I don’t feel like writing anymore. I hate writing. I hate keeping track of the downs instead of the ups and I hate not feeling any better.

Post 40


Post 1 - The Beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment