NuffNang

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Truck, the Commodore and the Fallout #58

Post 57
On the 15th May 1998 I was involved in car V truck accident, that saw a commodore shortened by 3 foot either end. The following entries are from a diary I kept at the time.

It’s now 13 years later and the pain is still here – the TAC of course have wiped their hands of me. I learnt a long time ago that the only person you can rely on is you and it’s something that has stood me in good stead for longer than I can remember.

10th December 2000

….. Hubby gets frustrated when I can’t carry water or the feed, but I am beyond caring in the sense it’s been like this for 2 ½ years and if I can manage then he can put up with it. He doesn’t have to put up with the pain and the mental anguish that this shit causes. He doesn’t have to worry when he’s been working all day and organising the kids, then half way home knowing that you should stop because you are so tired or that the pain killers that you’ve taken to ease the pain to continue are making you sleepy. You know that you should not be driving. I do not have a choice. I have to keep going. There is nobody to hear me scream, there is no-one to taxi me around when I get like this. And I have to keep going.

Tonight my leg is really sore, probably something to do with walking the dogs and kids on bikes. Daddy works so mummy is left to hold up the kids entertainment.

I am going to pop a couple of pills and see if that reduces the pain and then try and get some sleep.

Goodnight

The Last Post

Post 1 - The Beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment