NuffNang

Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Truck, the Commodore and the Fallout #55

Post 54
On the 15th May 1998 I was involved in car V truck accident, that saw a commodore shortened by 3 foot either end. The following entries are from a diary I kept at the time.

It’s now 13 years later and the pain is still here – the TAC of course have wiped their hands of me. I learnt a long time ago that the only person you can rely on is you and it’s something that has stood me in good stead for longer than I can remember.

16th June 2000

I feel better now that I have left. At the same time I feel sad, because I liked the people and wanted to stay, but the pressures being placed on me were unbearable.

………. I had to take the heat pack into the car this morning because my shoulder was sore. The heat eases the pain and makes it more bearable to drive the car. I think the reason it was so sore was because of the stress of trying to finish work in an atmosphere of unspoken threats and veiled comments and also the cold. I have been finding that the cold increases my pain levels and other than sitting on top of the fire, nothing relieves it………

…….. No matter what I did the boss was always unhappy. At the same time he was unfair. No matter what I did he was not happy. At the same time he would not fill in the paperwork from the TAC. I was in a no win situation. If I was to go public about this he would deny everything and I would still lose. He is a slick speaker when it suits him and when he is pushed into a corner.

Good night

Post 56


Post 1 - The Beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment