NuffNang

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Truck, the Commodore and the Fallout #57

Post 56
On the 15th May 1998 I was involved in car V truck accident, that saw a commodore shortened by 3 foot either end. The following entries are from a diary I kept at the time.

It’s now 13 years later and the pain is still here – the TAC of course have wiped their hands of me. I learnt a long time ago that the only person you can rely on is you and it’s something that has stood me in good stead for longer than I can remember.

12th September 2000

For the last week things have not been rosy. My shoulder has felt as if someone is trying to remove my arm from my shoulder. My right side has been painful along with my ankle but I have been managing with minimal pain relief. The nights are the worst, they only way I can sleep if I place a heatpack on my back over the affected areas (my shoulder) and watch the TV or listen to the radio until I fall asleep. By this time I am exhausted.

Besides that the ‘new’ job is excellent. There are no put downs and my work is appreciated, I get the work done the same, but there is no underlying threats or fear.

I saw a neurologist last weekend and besides my doctor is probably the only professional who agrees with my plan of action. What I mean by this is that the ‘other’ doctor was only interesting in treating me if he didn’t have to fill in any reports and I would take anti-depressants. Another one was only interested if I took anti-depressants. I did try them but they made me so tired that I could not keep up with the kids and I lost my drive. My doctor has attempted to prescribe anti-depressants, which I took, but even though they were of a different variety, they still made me tired and I could not function properly. My doctor and I had (prior to seeing the neurologist) agreed that it appeared that anti-depressants weren’t for me, simply because they did not appear to agree with me.

Anyway, the neurologist has put in writing that the treatment I am receiving from the chiro and minimal pain relief and continuing the best I can is the best approach. Rather than attempting to medicate with prescriptions that appear not to be working.

For starters, I’m not depressed, sure sometimes I get upset, but everybody does, if the kids are playing up and you don’t have enough money for the basics of life. But that is not depression that is life.

…. Life must go on and since no-one is willing to help me, then I must help myself.

……… Night.

Post 58

Post 1 - The Beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment